Please see below detail of current opportunities to work in my team:
Date published: 20th January 2020
Caseworker (constituency based), fixed term, part or full-time considered.
I am looking for an enthusiastic Caseworker to join my small team based in the constituency office. In this role, you will be the first point of contact for members of the public and you will be required to assist them with their concerns sensitively and promptly.
The successful candidate will be a team player, confident, organised, willing to take initiative, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate an ability to deal with people sensitively. You will be required to form good working relationships with local government representatives and other stakeholders to ensure that cases are handled efficiently and effectively. IT skills are essential, but training on specific casework software will be provided. Previous experience of casework is desirable but not essential.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Following up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
Salary will be in line with IPSA pay scales and dependent upon experience/skills. Applications from part-time workers are welcomed.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2020.
Upon appointment, the successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date. Start date is flexible, but as soon as possible.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject matter please state '[YOUR NAME] - CASEWORKER APPLICATION'.
Any enquiries regarding this role should be sent to email@example.com, or call 0207 219 8089.